[Fontconfig] Xft with Xsun + XRender

Dan fontconfig@fontconfig.org
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:52:34 -0600

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 09:31:36PM -0800, Keith Packard wrote:

> I just wrote an Xaw based app for viewing fonts that you might play with,
> it should work on vanilla Solaris.

Neat, that helps a lot.  Looks like the problem does indeed only
pop up when Sun's render extension is being used.  With the change
to fonts.conf you suggested I see text, but without the change the
window draws and immediately bombs with an X error when it tries
to render the glyphs:

X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of
range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  53 (X_CreatePixmap)
  Value in failed request:  0x20
  Serial number of failed request:  2983

Thank you very much for the assistance..

--
Dan