[Fontconfig] How to use different fonts for different characters?

Wang WenRui fontconfig@fontconfig.org
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:51:34 +0800

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 01:03:42PM -0700, Keith Packard wrote:

> Around 0 o'clock on Apr 30, Wang WenRui wrote:
>
> > How to use different fonts for different characters on fontconfig and
> > xft?
>
> This requires application support for managing multiple fonts for
> different languages or different parts of Unicode.  Pango and Mozilla have
> such support, but I'm not sure Qt can yet manage this.
Hi, Keith:

  I am glad to see that this works:

	<match target="pattern">
		<test qual="any" name="family">
			<string>sans-serif</string>
		</test>
		<edit name="family" mode="append" binding="strong">
			<string>Bitstream Vera Sans</string>
		</edit>
	</match>

	<match target="pattern">
		<test qual="any" name="family">
			<string>monospace</string>
		</test>
		<edit name="family" mode="append" binding="strong">
			<string>Bitstream Vera Sans Mono</string>
		</edit>
	</match>

	Thanks to your nice fontconfig.

Best regards