[Fontconfig] Some fc-cache problems

James Ots fontconfig@fontconfig.org
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:04:33 +0300

Hi,

I have a couple of problems with fc-cache and Type1 fonts.

The first is with Adobe's Gill Sans font. There are three weights, Normal,
Bold and Extra Bold, but they are assigned weights of 100, 200 and 100 by
fc-cache. Which means that when a program requests a weight of 100 it gets
the Extra Bold version. I edited fonts.cache-1 and set the weight of the
Extra Bold version to 300 and it works.

The second problem is with Helvetica. All the Oblique versions get slants of
0, so the fonts always gets italicised by the system. If I edit the
fonts.cache-1 file to say 100 for the oblique slant then it displays
properly.

I tried using the supplied version with SuSE 8.2 and compiling version 2.2
from fontconfig.org, both with the same results.

--
Cheers
James Ots