[Fontconfig] Endian issue with sub-pixel anti-aliasing

Keith Packard fontconfig@fontconfig.org
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:10:27 -0700

Around 2 o'clock on Apr 23, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> Ooh, that's very sweet.

Looks like we're rasterizing the glyphs correctly.  Now we need to figure
out if the images are getting put on the wire correctly.  For that, you'll
need xscope which you can fetch from CVS at keithp.com.

$ xhost +
$ xscope -v4 -hlocalhost -i27 >& xscope.log < /dev/null &
$ export DISPLAY=localhost:27
$ <application>
$ kill <xscope>

That'll generate a *huge* log file which will show every single byte sent
between the X server and the application.  Dig through that to find the
RenderAddGlyphs request and we'l see what bytes are getting sent to the X
server.

-keith