[Fontconfig] issues when building fontconfig 2.1.94

Keith Packard fontconfig@fontconfig.org
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 14:11:42 -0700

Around 18 o'clock on Apr 20, "Philippe A" wrote:

> (cd .libs && rm -f libfontconfig.so.1 && ln libfontconfig.so.1.0.4
> libfontconfig.so.1)
> ln: creating hard link `libfontconfig.so.1' to `libfontconfig.so.1.0.4':
> Operation not permitted

Looks like libtool doesn't like your file system.  I'm not sure this can
be fixed easily though.

> nsgmls:/tmp/fontconfig-2.1.94/doc/fccharset.sgml:758:10:E: document type
> does not allow element "REFSECT1" here

You've probably got a different version of the doctools installed; I think
the DTD has changed a bit.  Perhaps the configure script could test the
version of docbook2html to make sure it will work correctly.

	$ docbook2html --version
	DocBook-utils version 0.6.12 (jw version 1.1)

is what I get.

> Finally I spotted the .spec. I did a rpmbuild -bb and the compile went
> smoothly. I even got the documentation:

Cool.  Looks like the .spec file will help more than the distro
maintainers.

-keith