[Fontconfig] Installed 2.1.94 - dependencies, fails to read win\fonts and lo

Keith Packard fontconfig@fontconfig.org
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 19:27:29 -0700

Around 21 o'clock on Apr 19, "sean darcy" wrote:

> But isn't it a Makefile issue.
>
> gcc -g -O2 -o edit-sgml edit-sgml.o
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `fonts-conf.5', needed by `all-am'.
> Stop.
>
> I don't know enough about make to be helpful, but isn't the problem the fact
> that make doesn't know what to do with "fonts-conf.5". It doesn't fail
> because it can't find another program.

fonts-conf.5 is not in CVS and can only be built with the docbook tools,
so '--disable-doc' can't be used from CVS.  Perhaps that should be fixed.

The mystery here is that the configure script automatically selects
'--disable-doc' if it can't find docbook2html, and it appears that this is
happening on your sytem for some unknown reason.

Can you look at 'config.log' to make sure it says:

	configure:6909: checking for docbook2html

Then look in config.status for

	s%@HASDOCBOOK@%yes%g

That'll give us a hint where the problem might lie.

-keith