[Fontconfig] Fontconfig 2.1.94

Vadim Plessky fontconfig@fontconfig.org
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 13:29:21 +0400

On Thursday 17 April 2003 02:36, Keith Packard wrote:
|  Juliusz Chroboczek and Gerard Escalante added code that looks at BDF,
|  Type1 and TrueType files to fill in more holes in the available font
|  information, in particular we now get foundry and width information for
|  all types of fonts.  These changes were relatively minor and shouldn't
|  cause any problems (famous last words).
|
|  I've also added support for the newly released Bitstream Vera families of
|  fonts which should be released RSN.

Hello Keith,

Can you please elaborate what do you mean under "support  for Bitstream Vera
families of fonts"?
I thought that fonts are supported by FreeType renderer / Xft and there is no
need for further support in other libs/application.
But if you mean here hard-coding Vera names in /etc/fonts/fonts.conf - than
can you please exmplain what is needed to add support for my fonts which
would be released soon?

Greetings,

Vadim