[Fontconfig] fontconfig 2.2 / Solaris / no Xft

Keith Packard fontconfig@fontconfig.org
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 07:55:26 -0700

Around 9 o'clock on Apr 16, Albert Chin wrote:

> I think it has always been part of XFree86. From what I understand,
> fontconfig won't include Xft/Xrender.

fontconfig won't include Xft, but I think it will be necessary to have
stand-alone releases of Xft and Xrender as well so that people can pick up
the necessary pieces to incorporate fontconfig into older systems.

Getting Xft ready for standalone release won't be that difficult, but
Xrender poses a somewhat more difficult problem as it depends on header
files which are also used by the X server half of the extension.

If anyone is interested in getting Xft transitioned to automake, please
let me know.  It already uses autoconf, so part of the work is done.

-keith