[Fontconfig] Changing all fonts to Bold

Amir Sela fontconfig@fontconfig.org
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:47:55 +0300

Hi.
I've been trying to make my Xft2-based applications (Mozilla-xft on Debian
unstable) to use the Arial font as bold. I looked at previous postings to the
list, and tried to formulate something from what I understood:
<match target="font">
</match>
I put this into my user's .fonts.conf file, to cause "all fonts with weight
being less than bold, be bold" but I don't see any difference in the font
after reloading Mozilla(Waiting 30 seconds before I do). When I change the
edit directive to antialias false, I can see that it's working. What am I
doing wrong? Just for the record, a few facts:
KDE 3.1.1 is installed, and shows Arial as bold fine in kword(That KDE is not
Xft2'ed).
The font directory that I've included with a <dir></dir> directive includes
all the Arial ttf files, including arialbd.ttf.
Thanks in Advance,
Amir.
P.S - Please CC my E-Mail address as I'm not subscribed.