[Fontconfig] fontconfig 2.1.92 with Xft/Xrender from XFree86 4.3 on RHL 7.1

Albert Chin fontconfig@fontconfig.org
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 13:27:02 -0500

I built fontconfig 2.1.92 and Xft/Xrender from XFree86 4.3.0 on Redhat
Linux 7.1 (/opt/TWWfsw/fcpackage22/...). For some reason, anti-alias
fonts are not being rendered.  The Xserver is a Debian machine with
XFree86 4.1.0. What should I look for to try and find out why
anti-alias fonts are not being rendered?  I've built the exact same
configuration on Solaris, HP-UX, IRIX, AIX, and Tru64 UNIX and
anti-alias fonts render fine against the same X server. Of course, the
only difference is that these systems don't have a local Xft/Xrender
library in /usr/X11R6/lib.

I've used ldd to ensure the Xft/Xrender libraries being used are the
ones from where fontconfig/Xft/Xrender were compiled. I've done the
same with strace and the libXft.so and libXrender.so libraries loaded
are not from /usr/X11R6/lib.

--
albert chin (china@thewrittenword.com)