[Fontconfig] Environment var to set font trace debug output?

Albert Chin fontconfig@fontconfig.org
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 10:45:26 -0600

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 10:26:07AM -0600, Albert Chin wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 10:24:33AM -0600, Albert Chin wrote:
> > Is it possible to get a trace of which fonts are being selected by
> > fontconfig while an app is running? Maybe an environment variable that
> > needs to be set? I'm still trying to track down:
> >   http://mail.fontconfig.org/pipermail/fontconfig/2003-March/000180.html
>
> Ok, looked at the source and FC_DEBUG seems to be it.

I have Qt 3.1.2 built with fontconfig-2.1.92. I have not run fc-cache
and have no ~/.fonts.conf file.

$ rm .fonts.cache-1
$ FC_DEBUG=20 qtconfig >/tmp/a
$ FC_DEBUG=20 qtconfig >/tmp/b

Should I expect /tmp/a and /tmp/b to be the same? I ran a diff against
the two and on Solaris/IRIX, Helvetica-Oblique is selected on the
first run and Helvetica is selected on the second run. Why?

--
albert chin (china@thewrittenword.com)