[Fontconfig] Problems with configuring fontconfig

Keith Packard fontconfig@fontconfig.org
Wed, 02 Apr 2003 08:07:06 -0800

Around 14 o'clock on Apr 2, Adam Sampson wrote:

> > Fontconfig 2.2 will probably not bother to include such directories
> > by default as many (most?) users won't want to see bitmap fonts in
> > any circumstances.
>
> I think this is a little optimistic

The problem is that fontconfig doesn't yet have a way to remove fonts for
specific users, so while I expect lots of people to add back in suitable
bitmap fonts, the default will need to avoid them as others don't want
them.

I'm hoping to figure out a good way to remove fonts in the next release of
fontconfig.

-keith