[Commit] CairoJava README.txt,NONE,1.1
commit at keithp.com
Wed Aug 6 13:08:38 PDT 2003
Committed by: skuloor
Update of /local/src/CVS/CairoJava
In directory home.keithp.com:/tmp/cvs-serv20871
--- NEW FILE: README.txt ---
This is a Java binding to the Cairo graphics library. The binding can be used to draw on
SWT images and widgets and should work on SWT versions >= 2.1 using GTK+ 2.x. Note that
the bindings will not work on Motif SWT or AWT/SWING.
The project is setup as an Eclipse project.
* Checkout the project using CVS repository view in Eclipse.
* Modify the project setup to reflect jars and libraries in your system.
* Do a Project -> Rebuild Project
* Go to the jni sub-directory in the source directory.
* Run 'make'. This will create the JNI shared library.
If you do not want to use full Eclipse, make sure to install compatible SWT from
Eclipse site. Then follow the following steps in the given order:
* Get and install ant. This is used to build the Java files.
* Go to the src directory and run 'ant'
* Go to the jni directory and run 'make'
The build will put Cairo-0.15.jar and the JNI shared library under lib. You can use these to run
the tests under the test directory.
More information about the Commit