[Calypso] calypso projecet organization

Guido Günther agx at sigxcpu.org
Mon Feb 1 11:00:53 PST 2016

On Mon, Feb 01, 2016 at 07:21:49AM +1100, Keith Packard wrote:
> Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com> writes:
>
> > So I would suggest to drop the patch review process on the mailing list,
> > allow the core developers (the current project admins, perhaps?) to
> > commit directly and make sure all commits result in an email to a
> > commits mailing list.
>
> I'd rather keep the review process for the master branch so that people
> can trust master to have some kind of review process in place. What has
> worked in other environments is to also let people push patches to
> non-master branches for wider review. This lets people see all of the
> work in a single git repository while the master branch provides a
> notion of what the group has agreed to.
>
> > I believe the Debian BTS should be used, but it only make sense if the
> > Debian version and the alioth git version are close to each other.  This
> > is not the case at the moment, so I did not see the point in reporting
> > bugs to bts about issues on alioth.  After all, I have no idea if the
> > problem exist in the Debian version, which is two years old.  To fix
> > this, upload the current version to unstable. :)
>
> An idea of what the 'current version' means would be a good start?

At least from those responding on the list there seem to be few people
running git master (you?, me) atm. THis would not change with a release
and an upload to sid I suppose since those require not yet merged
patches. That said I'm happy to upload a git snapshot to experimental
(and even do so frequently) for ease of testing.

I hope we can finish at least either davdroid or CalDavZAP/InfCloud
support in the next release. It would be great to figure out what's
missing for that (I'm going to check the later as soon as I get around
to).

Cheers,
 -- Guido