[Calypso] Calypso Upstream and in Debian

Guido Günther agx at sigxcpu.org
Fri Sep 25 06:27:25 PDT 2015

Hi,
On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 11:42:15AM -0400, Keith Packard wrote:
> Guido Günther <agx at sigxcpu.org> writes:
>
> > Hi Keith,

> >> Yeah, if you guys want to keep playing and package for debian, that'd be
> >> fine by me, it's pretty clear I won't have time to do that myself.
> >
> > chrysn and myself discussed at Debconf to take over the package in Debian
> > as well as upstream if you don't have time any more.
> >
> > I'd move things over to alioth then if that's o.k. for both of you and
> > add you as committers as well. O.k. ?
>
> Yeah, sounds good to me. I keep intending to find time, but the fact
> that the underlying python libraries for parsing the calendar and
> contact info aren't great, and aren't getting fixed makes it hard to get
> excited about working on the package.

I've created the alioth project and added the both of you as admins,
created a repo and pushed Keith's current master and debian branches as
well as the tags to:

    git.debian.org:/git/calypso/calypso.git/

I've not created any lists yet since I wonder if we want to reuse the
existing one for discussions and just add a
calypso-maintiners at lists.alioth.debian.org for the debian package
maintenance?

Chrysn I think it would be the right time to put your current patches on
top. We can then cut a new package.

Cheers,
 -- Guido