[Calypso] carddavmate support

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Sun Jun 1 18:42:04 PDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 12:11:26AM +0200, chrysn wrote:
> now that principals are running in my production setup (see recent
> mails), i tried to get carddavmate[1] / caldavzap[2] to run with
> calypso.

Thanks for the hints. I gave this a try tonight as well - carddavmate
and caldavzap look promising! Their resource usage is a bit on the
heavy side though.. I can barely scroll through my address book.

> the requried steps were:
>
> * implement sending custom static headers (as it's done in radicale too)
>   -- modern browsers' security systems require this (CORS)
> * disable permission checks for OPTIONS (response is static anyway; also
>   related to CORS)
> * cosmetic changes to reflect both the browser and the javascript
>   program in the changelog
> * set [server]user_principal = /%(user)s/ (that's more due to a
>   peculiarity on carddavmate's side / not respecting
>   current-user-principal but assuming that there's a path where you can
>   append /${USERNAME}/ and get the principal)
It actually does a current-user-principal request here, and respects
the response.

However, calypso currently only handles current-user-principal
requests on things that are a collection. I had to create a collection
for my root directory.

Cheers,

Jelmer