[Calypso] Calypso + KAddressBook: add contact works, but not displayed

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 09:33:46 PST 2014

Does anyone have kaddressbook (or another Linux carddav client)
working with Calypso?

I can create a contact in kaddressbook and the contact is created in
the Calypso git repository.  However, kaddressbook does not display
the contact.

Kaddressbook from both kubuntu 12.04 and 14.04 exhibit the same
behaviour.

The contact does display in Android People app with DAVdroid.

Calendar entries work as expected with korganizer and Calypso.

Perhaps I have set up calypso incorrectly, or this is a bug
in calypso or kaddressbook?

Any advice on this problem would be appreciated.

BACKGROUND:

Calyspo set up on kubuntu 12.04 as per Enrico's Calypso and DAVDroid
web page[1] with three differences:

  A) No SSL certificate so using http instead of https

  B) No debian git branch so used:

        git checkout -b enrico    # on Keith's master branch

     instead of:

        git checkout debian -b enrico

  C) Calypso from git folder with:

        python calypso.py --debug

I am migrating from PalmOS to Android, and wish to use a FOSS
solution.  I thank Keith for sharing his Calypso efforts.  And I thank
Enrico for sharing work to make Calypso function with DAVdroid.

Regards,
Curtis Gedak

[1]  http://www.enricozini.org/2014/calypso-davdroid/