[Calypso] Version 1.2 released

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sun Sep 22 15:23:55 PDT 2013

chrysn and Joe Nahmias have done a bunch of work on Calypso, and I even
managed to fix a couple of bugs. I've merged their stuff in and pushed
out a version 1.2 release this afternoon, along with an updated debian
package. A this point, all reported Debian bugs are closed (surely that
can't last through more than one release).

The only piece unmerged was the ForkingMixin stuff as that means that
each connection has to re-read the entire database at startup as there's
no persistent in-memory state. I'd love to figure out how to use the
ThreadingMixin instead, providing the same multi-session support along
with caching.

Thanks for hacking on Calypso!

keith.packard at intel.com