[Calypso] patches: git execution, user name in git commit, htpassword parsing

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Jan 17 08:28:19 PST 2012

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 16:26:23 +0100, chrysn <chrysn at fsfe.org> wrote:

> * 0001: git used to be called using os.system, which invokes a subshell.
> * 0003: htpasswd parsing

Thanks!

> * 0002: reflect logged in user in git commit author
>
>   this is a slightly bigger change, as i have to pass the information
>   from the http request handling all the way down to the git calls.

I hoped to actually pull information from the file being changed as
well; when looking at the log, it would be nice to see a brief
description of the calendar or card entry listed, but just getting
user agent information is pretty nice.

>   not writing a patch yet because i'm not sure how to make the
>   transition. given the user base is probably quite small and well
>   informed at the moment, it might be an option to just change the
>   default value for the calendar storage location.

We could have a configuration value that just says 'use xdg compliant
paths' and make that 'false' by default for now, but put a warning in
suggesting that people move things by hand and set the value to
'true'. Then create a script to set calypso up for a new user; this
script would create things in the xdg-compliant spot and set the config
value to 'true'. Eventually, we'd change the default.