[Picolibc] What "picolibc also supports c++ exceptions" means

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Jan 31 21:06:24 PST 2022

"R. Diez" <rdiezmail-newlib at yahoo.de> writes:

> What does it mean? Does picolibc have special support for C++
> exceptions somewhere?

There are requirements for the linker script to get stuff loaded and a
few other changes, like C library routines that C++ depends on (things
like vsscanf) and declarations of wide stdio functions to make the C++
header files happy.

> I thought C code does not support C++ exceptions. After all, Picolibc
> is build with a C-only compiler.

Right, but G++ and libstdc++ rely on libc support for some C++
functionality.