[Picolibc] Integrating Picolibc into a GCC toolchain

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Jan 24 17:19:18 PST 2022

Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com> writes:

> crosstool-ng creates this from the following template:

Hrm. Maybe what picolibc should be doing is providing a script that uses
a template to create the cross compilation file based off values
provided by the user. We need some compilation flags, and the triplet
describing the target machine. Maybe that's all we'd need? Once the
script creates that file, it would run meson with the remaining flags.

I'm not a huge fan of yet-another-script nesting on top of meson, but
you can see that picolibc's sample configurations are all script based,
so creating something more general that you could use should be pretty
easy.