[Picolibc] Version 1.5 released

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Jan 7 16:32:51 PST 2021

The 'big news' for this release is that I've got bare-metal C++ programs
running, including iostream and exceptions. Iostreams requires a patch
to libstdc++, which is already upstream in gcc and should be included in
version 11. Exceptions require using a different spec file that includes
the necessary startup file and linker instructions.

Here are the release notes from README.MD

### Picolibc version 1.5

 1. Make picolibc more compatible with C++ compilers.

 2. Add GCC specs file and linker script for building C++ applications
    with G++ that enable exception handling by linking in call stack
    information.

 3. A few clang build fixes, including libm exception generation

 4. Nano malloc fixes, especially for 'unusual' arguments

 5. Merge in newlib 4.1.0 code

 6. More libm exception/errno/infinity fixes, mostly in the gamma funcs.

 7. Add tests for all semihost v2.0 functions.

 8. A few RISC-V assembly fixes and new libm code.

 9. Build fixes to reliably replace generic code with
    architecture-specific implementations.

With a patch which is pending for GCC 11, we'll be able to build C++
applications that use picolibc with exceptions and iostream.

https://keithp.com/picolibc/dist/picolibc-1.5.tar.xz

88bd1b6e050145e285cb61c8cf4ce75714a8eb5d80cf89d0d0edc4f3fa067db1 picolibc-1.5.tar.xz